Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Falling

The days are shorted and the temperature rarely allows for a single layer of clothing anymore. While Mother Nature does her best to distract us with her brilliant fall colors and rich sunsets, it remains difficult to ignore the fact that winter looms just beyond the horizon and possibly within the single turn of a calendar page.

It has been two weeks since running the Chicago Marathon, and I find myself asking the question, "What next?". Obviously the birth of our second daughter and the upcoming holiday seasons will be more than enough to fill my plate. However, the experience of training and anticipation of a single moment or day was life-changing and I crave another goal. I am goal-driven by nature, which explains my continual drive in education, constantly striving towards another benchmark degree. So, it is with this same drive and determination that I open my eyes in search of a new goal or event.

Kim and the baby are healthy and now receiving weekly visits to the doctors' office to ensure proper development and adequate preparation for the birth whenever that child decides to finally enter the world.

Audrey takes everything in stride and is, not surprisingly, in good nature. Her sense of humor astounds me, and she is developing quite the sense for comedic timing...although I don't know where she gets it! ;-)

We continue to laugh, dance, read, draw. Build, and talk about everything. While the chill of fall engulfs our neighborhood, the warmth of our growing family wraps us tightly in contentment in our lives.

No comments: