Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rainy Night Weekend

A quiet, quality weekend in South Bend and Indianapolis for our little family. Time spent with grandma and great grandma is priceless, and it was so nice of them to watch the girls as Kim and I drove to Indianapolis to visit friends and catch a humorous one man comedy performance.

As usual, even an evening away from my kiddos seems an eternity. While a bit of time with friends is wonderful, time with my girls is far and away my favorite way to spend my time.

Now we return home on a cold and rainy evening, still warm from our weekend with grandma. A snack, then the brushing of teeth, and a couple bedtime stories preceded the eventual drifting off to sleep. Now the dryer hums steadily on the other side of the wall, doing its best to refresh clothes still slick damp from the weekend rain. While the juice and chocolate and grass stains have been removed, the memories will remain.

No comments: