Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Sunday


Hello Family and Friends!

It is a quiet Superbowl Sunday as I type this blog. Kim and Audrey are visiting friends in Crown Point, Indiana for a Super Bowl party. I have elected not to join them, as I have more than enough grading and cleaning to do for two weekends! While I miss my wife and daughter, I also enjoy the quiet time with the dog and cats!

Things have been going well. I enjoyed my 29th birthday in a quiet manner, having a little cake and ice cream with my family in South Bend. My dad sprung for a new pair of slippers, which I know sounds silly, but I love my slippers. I have not officially returned home until I have my slippers on circa Mr. Rodgers! You can check out my new bad boys ala amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V3WHVG/ref=s9_subs_c4_s3_p309_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1A0MS5PV45F5KV0V04RD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463383391&pf_rd_i=507846

I also want to thank everyone for the nice cards and books and movies and other thoughtful gifts. I now have enough entertainment for another year. It is amazing to believe that I am one year from 30!

Audrey has been growing and laughing and smiling every day. She is on the verge of being able to roll over, so Kim and I are waiting with camera in hand for her "first" roll. She is adjusting beautifully to her daycare schedule. We enjoy a quiet ride out every morning to Villa Park and then again on the way back home at the end of the day. According to our wonderful daycare lady, Michelle, Audrey is a cheerful, easy baby. I'm attaching some photos Michelle took.


Kim is working hard every day and finding time for friends, which is wonderful. We're looking forward to some warmer weather so we can take some more walks and get the dog out more, but until it gets above freezing for more than a few hours, out outside time is limited! Fortunately, Kim has found one of the few Wii Fits and we will not be one some kind of "training" program that we can do each night. So, look for me to be a yoga master within the next few weeks!

I hope everyone is doing well. Recently a friend of the family has died, as well as one of my friend's mothers from cancer. It is times like these that make me thankful for my health, family, and friends. I encourage everyone who reads this to take a moment and count your blessings. Be well and happy Superbowl Sunday!

-a

2 comments:

JanLor said...

Hi Mr Orelove!! The baby has gotten so big and she is so beautiful!! Congratulations on being accepted to Roosevelt!!! So many wonderful things happening for you.Lots of Blessings for a great person!!! We hope you know how much you are missed at Westmore!! Its just not the same without you!! Keep in touch and take carer of you and your wonderful family!! Janey Zehme and Lori (Mom)

JanLor said...

Hi Mr Orelove!!! The baby has gotten so big and she is so beautiful. Congratulations on your acceptance to Roosevelt!!! Looks like life is treating you very well... many Blessings for a great person!! You are missed terribly at Westmore, we hope you know that!! It just isn't the same without you. Take care of you and that wonderful family and keep in touch!! Janey Zehme and Lori ( Mom)