Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The end of summer is officially here for me. Tomorrow I return to Teacher Inservice and begin lesson planning and curriculum mapping with the rest of my team. While I am not exactly jumping at the idea of spending an entire day in meetings and my classroom, it will be a relief to get it out of the way and have a solid understanding of what I will be presenting to my class for the year!

My dad is visiting from Juneau. It is sweet to watch him spend time with his granddaughter. Audrey isn't sure what to make of him at times, and checks back with me for reassurance, but usually laughs and gives her Zadie smiles. Dad is also especially fond of Phoebe, and they have quickly bonded with many pets and treats being had at any given time! There is something rewarding about being able to take care of my own father in my house and make sure he is taken care of and has whatever he needs. Even though I am feeling a bit stressed about work and such, it is nice to spend some time with him!

While I prepare to drop my dad off in the city of Chicago on Friday, I am also getting ready to host my sister! She arrives from Seattle on Friday late at night. It will be a special time because she hasn't met Audrey yet. I will be sure to have many photos posted! Other than that preparation, I've been hastily cleaning and attempting to get all laundry and such done so I don't have any housekeeping matters come Monday when I will be swamped with the duties of a new school year!

Below are the pictures I've finally gotten around to posting from our Trip to Indy! Have a great week. More later!

-a
Daddy and Audrey on the couch.


Dinosaurs invade the Children's Museum

Aunt Beth and Audrey on the Great Wall of China

Dad, Mom, and Audrey in front of the Tahj Mahal!




Uncle Mark teaching Audrey RockBand Drumbs!


Gail and Audrey. Two Jedi Knights!

Audrey uses teh Force and crawls away from the Sith Lord!

Audrey exploring Beth and Mark's new house!

No comments: