Total Pageviews

Friday, May 21, 2010

Rainy Day Friday


Looking Cool in her shades and backwards hat.


It is nearing the last week of school. I am in the process of taking things off the walls, collecting books, etc. It is a bittersweet time for me. I love watching students finish the year as young adults. It is rewarding to recall the year and think about the growth that everyone has shown and all of the social and academic accomplishments of each student. It is also sad to let go and begin the process of starting anew with a fresh crop of young minds. Before that, however, the summer awaits with all of its potential for adventure and relaxation. I am eager to begin my internship and gain some valuable experience as a future administrator. Graduate classes begin again next week for the summer semester. I am nervous about the law class, as it has a reputation for being "dense" and requires a very acute attention to detail, which is the complete opposite skill set of my traditional summertime mindset.

It has been raining on and off for the past few days, sometimes heavy, sometimes drizzly. Audrey has been fighting a cold that refuses to submit to her immune system. The cough is nasty, but does not deter from her happy outlook on life. I have stayed home with her a couple times in the last few weeks. Our "sick days" have been spent napping, snacking, going on walks, and watching the new baby rabbit that has taken-p residence under our air conditioner out back behind our house. She has named it "Hopper".


Spending time with Audrey on a sick day reminds me of my childhood a bit. I can remember times when my dad would bring me orange juice and would sit in a chair reading the paper while I lay in bed reading a book. My mom would take me out of school once a year and we'd play hookie and go to a movie or take a long hike and then get some lunch and spend the rest of the day reading or napping.



This weekend we don't have much planned. Our house is in desperate need of organization and we are going to attempt to straighten the closets and the space under the stairs, so that should keep us occupied for the next few days. If the weather cooperates we will also have the opportunity to get out and walk the subdivision a few times. Life is good in the Orelove household. I look forward to the summer, but am enjoying the last few days of the school year and recognizing all of life's blessings.

-a

No comments: