Total Pageviews

Friday, October 29, 2010

Almost Halloween...Almost November


Who store the cookie from the cookie jar????


The time is moving quickly these days. We have been adjusting to the cooler temperatures in the afternoons and the darkness that is creeping into the evenings earlier and earlier. I guess I don't have much to complain about when I'm talking to my friends in Anchorage and Fairbanks, but that doesn't mean I have to be a fan of Winter's onset!

We are looking forward to Thanksgiving in Virginia with my Aunt Irene and Uncle Fred. This will be my 12th time visiting, and it just seems to get better every year. There is something very special to me about this tradition and I am very pleased to be involving Kim and Audrey in this year's trip!

Audrey opening a birthday gift from Richmond, VA! Also receiving her first pair of EXTRATUFF Boots from Nana in Alaska! Very Alaskan!

Looking at some of the pictures on today's post reminds me of previous years. It is strange how these cyclical patterns are starting to emerge now that I have a child. Sure, I remember many falls past, but the pictures of leaves just brings back images of Audrey as a one-year-old lying in the leaves with the dog!


Audrey and aunt Beth playing in the leaves!


Aunt Beth seems to be a little more into the leaves than Audrey!

Everywhere we go, people tell us to "enjoy" this age and these moments, and I smile and nod because I really am taking every opportunity to do so. I hope this short blog finds everyone in good spirits and cozy company.

-a

No comments: