Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Winter Nights and Warm Family Memories


Audrey eating vanilla ice cream at Bruna's Italian restaurant in Little Italy in Chicago. THANKS UNCLE STUART!!!


It has been a while since my last posting. Things have been clipping along in the Orelove household this month. With the approach of the holidays, things at home and work have been at a frenzied pace!


Audrey and Aunt Eden buildin' castles in the guest room!

I am officially done with teaching until 2011! I concluded the last week of school with a nice class party, including hooking up the Nintendo Wii to the projector, so we had a giant screen to play Sports Resort on! Now it is time to rest and spend time with my family and read books and watch movies...and pretty much anything besides teaching!


Audrey at the library with the challenge block


Reading with Nana (aka "Attle")

Speaking of family, my mother and sister have been visiting the past few days. It is nice to see them both and also for them to be able to spend time with Audrey. These past days remind me how important family is and what the holidays are truly about. While we shop and spend money and wrap gifts that are not essential to our lives, I sit and watch my daughter play with her Aunt and Grandmother and think how special these moments are and how much greater they will impact her life than the toy I purchased yesterday.


Baking pretzels in the kitchen with Nana and eating the "Audrey Pretzel" before going out!


No comments: