Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sunrise

The sun is rising on this sweet San Jose morning. I sit with my wife at Gate 24 waiting to board our flight to Kauai. We watch the mountain range lighten in front of us as activity in the airport increases behind.

What luck! My life is too wonderful it seems. While I try to be a good person, I cannot think of a single action or deed I have done to make my life such a blessing.

We are all fighting a difficult battle in life, and challenges and obstacles abound. As I sit here in the morning light, however, it is impossible not to think about my beautiful daughters, my beautiful wife, and the love from all of our family and friends.

In a few hours I will reunite with childhood friends in one of the most scenic places on earth. Time changes everyone, but I am confident it will never erode our small circle where memories are kept alive through our collective efforts.

Life is beautiful. Even when it is a battle, remember the times before and the times to come that will give you the strength to continue fighting until you arrive at the point you wish to be.

-a

No comments: