Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cold Turkey

The time has passed, but the memories of Thanksgiving still hold strong.  So here are some leftover pictures that I will reheat to enjoy on this cold December morning.

Uncle Fred and me.  

Audrey and her completed "Museum Wall" at the Richmond House.

Aunt Irene with Audrey and Violet.  This picture makes me happy.

A final goodbye hug in the front yard before our long journey home.  Violet is holding an octopus stick puppet that her cousins Same and Emma bought her.  

We returned home and lit our electric menorah that was made by my grandfather, then given to my father, and is now a piece of my own family Hanukkah tradition.  It is special to us.

And what would Hanukkah be without gingerbread house decorating?  Here is Violet and her house (with a little help from Mommy).

Audrey and her gingerbread house.

The temperatures have dropped, and the promise of warm weather above freezing looks like a long way out.  But we have our blankets and fuzzy socks to keep us warm, and look forward to the holidays with other friends and family.  Thanksgiving is a special time for me, though, and I have already penciled-in next year's visit on our calendar.  With all that changes in life, and all of the variables and uncertainties out there, it is comforting knowing where we will be for certain in the next year of life.  Thank you to Uncle Fred and Aunt Irene for being such gracious, giving, beautiful hosts.  My heart is stuffed with love, laughter, and memories that will keep me content until we meet again.

-a

No comments: