Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happiness

Saturday morning, after a night of good sleep.
The sun is what wakes me, not an alarm.
Two little girls enjoy FruitLoops and waffles, munching happily as the day lays before us, a blank canvas.
The fire is set in the fireplace and the cat purrs as the heat strokes her side.
The cold wind whips the trees and slaps the window, but my hot coffee is all that my hands feel.
A sunbeam hits my lap as I explore my most recent running magazine.
The heater near my feat makes them toasty warm inside my slippers.
A mindless cartoon plays quietly in the background as my girls color and play with little plastic toys.
The dog snoozes upstairs on a comforter that has fallen from the bed.
I know that other responsibilities will find their way into our morning...
but for now, we are happy and content.

No comments: