Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 31, 2016

1/12

Paws, my school mascot, visits the gym.  What a good looking wildcat!  

With a couple hours remaining in January 2016, I am taking a moment to unload a few pictures from my phone onto the blog.  I am happy with the beginning of 2016.  We are now officially members of our YMCA branch, and will begin visiting and exercising this week.  I am particularly excited about the swimming pool and sauna!  I am sure that weights are also in my future, as I continue to read about the importance of lifting as I get older to decrease mass and density loss.  

We arrive at Medieval Times!  

This weekend was a very busy one, as I found myself out and about every day.  On Friday, Kim and I traveled into the city while grandma watched the girls.  We saw a band called Tributeasaurous.  They played all the hits of Queen and it was a good time.  We met-up with friends and had dinner beforehand, then enjoyed the concert.  The drive home was quiet and we listened to the actual greatest hits CD of Queen on the way home.  What a band.  Music is powerful.

Violet before her photo shoot!  How royal she is!

Then on Saturday, after a lazy morning, we all drove to the northern suburbs and took-in an afternoon at Medieval Times.  There the girls enjoyed all that was offered in terms of jousting, eating, dressing in medieval attire, and swordplay.  Audrey was even given the sash for Beauty of the Tournament by the Red Knight, and Violet was given a carnation during the processions.  Fun was had by all, and I came away with an over-priced mug and many happy memories of my family smiling, cheering, and enjoying being together.  Hazzah!

A king and his princess.

Finally, today.  It has been grey and dreary all day.  The rain started drizzling around 10am.  The girls and I left Kim to venture out back into Chicago to spend some time with Uncle Stuart!  We met downtown and ended-up traveling to the Field Museum for a few hours.  There we enjoyed seeing our favorites including Bushman the gorilla and Sue the tyrannosaurus rex.  Of course the highlight was really getting to see Uncle Stuart.  He is always so positive and supportive and loves our family so much.  We love him, too.

The Royal Orelove photo shoot!

And so here I sit, getting ready for bed and an early rise tomorrow morning to begin another busy week.  January as been good, though.  Quiet, busy, positive.  I have heard myself say, "Progress not perfection" a lot these days.  I like it because it allows for mistakes and accepts that things will never be perfect.  However, life must progress, and we celebrate when it does.  No child is perfect.  No family is perfect.  No life is perfect.  No one is perfect.  I am far from perfect...but I am making progress.  And for me, that is enough.

The Fairy Godmother...I mean grandmother!  

The girls at Knighttime.

Horsing around at Medieval Times before the tournament!

My little warriors are small yet mighty!

So fierce!

To Violet, it is all a Game of Thrones!

A King and his Queen and overpriced souvenir beverage containers.  Still worth it!  

We are seated in the front row!  Feet away from the action!

Ready for the festivities to begin!

Our host for the evening helps to narrate the events and keep the story line moving along.  

We cheer for the Red Knight!  Hazzah!

Go Red, Go!

On this day, the gift shop was the ultimate victor!

Two very satisfied customers!  

After Medieval times, we met up to see some friends for dinner.  Here they are with the company mascot!  

Silly faces!


Sunday at the Field Museum with Uncle Stuart!

Stu and Sue!

A picture with Bushman, as always.  We love you, Zayde!  This one's for you!


A penny for your thoughts?  the girls go on the underground adventure to learn about life in the soil!


The girls become mites!  I knew they were pests!  

Way cool new hyena diorama!  Check it out if you're in the area!

At the end of the day.  Tired, but we all love Uncle Stuart!  

Da Bears!  The girls pose in front of Soldier Field.  




No comments: