Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Baby! A Cake! A Cloud!


We are excited to announce that our little family will be expanding in January!  Kim is pregnant with our third child...and it's a BOY!  We will keep you up to date with Orelove 3.0 as time progresses!  For now, everyone is healthy...and that is all we can hope for!  


Audrey at one of her favorite places:  Sweet Tomato

It has been a time of transition back into the way of school and work.  Audrey begins 2nd grade this week, and Violet continues in pre-school for another year.  It is strange to think that I can remember my own time in second grade, and can now begin to really relate my experiences to Audrey's.  I will do my best to get a few more bike rides in tomorrow and Tuesday with Audrey...a final flare of summer into the face of academia!

A panoramic of our dinner at Gibson's.
We were fortunate to have the opportunity to meet-up with a family friend from Japan this week!  Yoshimi and her student (also Yoshimi) were wonderful, and the girls loved them!  We all met at Gibson's Steakhouse in Rosemont, including Uncle Stuart!  What a treat!  We ended the evening with the largest slab of cake you have ever seen!  I wish I had gotten a picture of Audrey's face when it came out!

The Cake!  

From Left:  Violet, Audrey, Kim, Uncle Stuart, Yoshimi and Yoshimi.
This weekend has been one of work and some alone time for me.  I have enjoyed some quiet time while my family spent the weekend in Indiana.  It is always strange spending an evening alone, but I truly make the most out of the time I have to myself.  Lots of podcasts, music, running, work, and cleaning.  Now I lay here, getting another blog entry completed before sleep completely overtakes me.  How lucky I am....it's all I can think as my family returns home.  Their noise is music in this house.

-a


I love clouds.  This was one I saw on my walk with Phoebe this weekend.  We are so small....but we forget that.


No comments: