Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Orchards in September


Our family traveled to an apple orchard in Indiana for a day of picking apples and enjoying time with friends.  Here are the girls on the tractor ride.

It has been a little while since the last blog.  Things are going at the pace they should be right now.  Kim and Baby Boy Orelove are doing well, healthy and happy.  That is the most important to me.  I have been looking at the world a little differently in terms of considering the future of my children.  Things like life insurance and security systems are on my mind, where there once was pure idealism.  There is still optimism and hope for the future, but I am not installing slices of security and piece-of-mind where I can so that I can at least sleep better at night knowing that there are things in place should something (knock on wood) happen to me.

Other than that, we are all doing what we do.  I am working hard, trying to keep-up with my job and helping to run two schools.  Kim is amazing at her job with ULTA, and the girls are enjoying school and making friends and playing and learning.  

The New York Marathon is closer still.  I have been running more, but need to keep working on my speed and consistency.  I will be ready, but I want to feel good and finish strong.  I am not looking to set a personal best, but I do want to have fun and work hard until the start!  Soon I will book tickets and set plans with anyone in the New York area.  

As the fall starts to peek over the horizon each morning, leaves start to fall one at a time.  There is a slight chill every once in a while when the breeze picks up.  It is refreshing, but is a very early signal that change is near and bins of fall clothing await their return to the closet from their resting place in the basement!  

So here we are, growing as a family, doing the things we do, planning for the future, while trying to enjoy the moments that we are given.

Violet with some chompers!

Audrey's friend bought us some new baby boy clothes!  So cute!  

Violet at breakfast with her classroom mascot, Chelsea.

At the orchard farm with the chickens.

Audrey wants the miniature pony.

Violet and the ducks.

Violet after completing the hay maze.

Violet has appeal.

Violet and the goats.

Growing.

Audrey is taller!

Our little animals!

Violet on the tractor.


Audrey is now a cat with the face paint!

Violet and the lady bug.



Looking out at the fields.

Walking the corn maze.  

Violet on the tractor ride.

Waiting to arrive at the apples.

Picking apples with friends.

Snacking with apples.  Audrey and Lucy.

Riding the "Moo Choo"


No comments: