Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Summer's Fade

The sunset tonight over Plainfield during my run.


The last few days of summer are like a stack of pennies in the palm of my hand.  Each one I can feel as I flip them into the well of memories and wish.  I wish for the days to be longer.  I wish for more wishes.  But that is not how these things work.  Summer is like getting a bunch of wishes...days to do whatever one wants...knowing that there are only so many before they are gone.

The days since my last post have been simple and enjoyable ones...going to the swimming pool, going on runs, playing with the kiddos, getting my classroom set up, and visiting some family.

Last week I attempted a run with my friend one evening...hoping to beat the incoming clouds.  They arrived first, and absolutely dumped buckets and we were compelled to sprint to our homes under lightning and sheets of rain that hit hard like a thousand tiny spears every second.  While it took only a few minutes to get home, it took my shoes three days to dry!

Looking forward, a couple days of work items, and even a full day orientation are ahead!  The next week, the girls return to school...then it is my turn.  These are all good things, and we are all excited about them...but it is all in the fade of the summer, and it is difficult to imagine these things while we are so content in the sunset...knowing that tomorrow asks so little of us, and yet offers so much.

-a

Sam and his Great Grandmother Flesher
Audrey visiting the horses at her Great Aunt's house in Redkey, Indiana this weekend.
This horse nuzzled me at the moment of this picture.
Sam being Sam.
Went to the zoo with some friends.  Here is their kid, Trent, posing with the girls.
Hopping around Brookfield on an overcast day.
On a walk at Renwick Bird Preserve.  This is the "Rock Stop" where we always stop to throw some rocks into the pond below.
Sam in his whale swim gear.
The horses in Indiana were very interested in Sam.
Kim, Audrey, Violet, Sam, Great Grandma Flesher, and Grandpa Cip.

No comments: