Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Clutter

Violet got a ball at batting practice!
The family is finally all awake this Sunday morning.  It was a later evening for the Orelove family, as we attended a Cougars baseball game, and had a great evening.  One of Kim's favorite bands, American English, played Beatles songs before the game, and Violet even got a ball from batting practice.  The game itself was fun, with the home team winning!  Fireworks and running the bases followed before a ride home in the dark.

There is something special about baseball, especially minor league baseball.  While the majors are amazing in terms of their skill levels, watching aspiring big league players contend in a family-friendly ball park is just so much fun.  I fall in love with minor league baseball each year when I watch Bull Durham .  I laugh and enjoy the simplicity of hitting the ball, catching the ball, and throwing the ball.

Today promises to be a lazy one, as we have been up early cleaning, and now have no real plans...which is fine with me.  School is just around the corner and I am beginning to feel the pressure of needing to prepare and get my curriculum going.  I am looking forward to orientation and mentor meetings in the next couple weeks.  I have spend several days over the summer getting my classroom set-up, and am pleased with where my classroom is at for now.  I don't get too crazy with decorations, as I believe it distracts from the learning at hand...it also leaves opportunity for students to contribute to the management of the classroom.

For now, however, it is time to get up and go for a walk before the afternoon heat.  I will take in the simplicity of walking with Sam in the stroller and maybe enjoy a podcast.  The day is open, and we all take deep breaths and enjoy the time together.  It will all change, and the clutter of life will eventually return...but for now we move through the day feeling clean, simple, and content.

-a
Sam finds his toes!
Long shadows as the sun slowly sets.
Just my girls hanging out, playing with their brother!
Sam snoozing.
Happy baby bouncer!
This is a picture of our dinner in Olympia, Washington last week.  My cousin, Jonathan, is in the bottom corner.  Also pictured are my sister, cousins Pam and Hannah, and my mom.  I miss Washington.
Selfie with my sister in Troutdale, Oregon.  The Multnomah Falls are behind us.
The Multnomah Falls.
A view of the Columbia River in Troutdale, Oregon.  
Cousins Jonathan and Hannah took us row boating in Olympia, Washington.  It was a lovely night.
Seattle.  My birth city.  This picture was taken from the parking lot of the home my Grandmother lived in.  The memorial service was also held here.  It was special to see so many family members, and I wish we had more time...but life moves quickly.

No comments: