Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Rainy Sunday Thoughts

The girls enjoyed a week of swim lessons!

Thunder and lightning are crashing outside, but the rain seems to be letting up a bit now.  A few minutes before the storm, I managed to get the lawn mowed.  The first drops of rain were hitting literally as I shut-off the mower after completing the job.  Now I sit, savoring some coffee, on my living room couch.  The rest of the family is in the other room, watching a movie that I think I have seen numerous times, and the opportunity to blog was a nice alternative.

Yesterday we put our cat Eliza to sleep.  She was nearly 18 years old, and was showing all of the signs of nearing the end, and I made the decision to end things before she stated suffering.  She is one of the few pieces of my life with Kim that predate this blog.  She has been with us in Schaumberg, Chicago, and both houses in Plainfield.  Eliza saw all three Orelove kids join the family, as well as two dogs and one other cat.  She was a good cat.  

Now the skies have truly opened and there is a full storm outside.  I will continue to sip coffee and watcht he rain.  The rest of the day will entail naps and cleaning and possibly a run if the storm passes.  Simple things today.  The trials and stresses of daily life will return tomorrow when we continue to focus on house organization, family items, and the like.  We have been so fortunate to have such a wonderful summer thus far.  While less than a month remains, I have a lot planned and the days are just packed.  I think, in some ways, returning to school will seem like a break!  Ha!  Until then, though, let it rain and enjoy a nap!

-a

Cookies.  They were ok.

Another great fire out back! 
Beautiful flowers on an afternoon walk around the neighborhood.  Beauty is everywhere if you are looking for it.


The deep end.  Swimming lessons.

Sam roaming in a field.

Oskar and Audrey enjoy a nap on the floor.
Sam getting serious with a water pistol.

Sam napping.



Audrey the water slinger.

Sam at the water fight!

Kids and their water guns!

A hot day in July.  Water guns at the ready!

No comments: