Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Working on Life this Morning

 A chilly, quiet Sunday morning has greeted me with cold, embracing arms.  The dogs have been fed and are now halfheartedly attempting to play with one another as the sum slowly moves to its post.  Today feels like a productive indoor day, as rain is now predicted in the forecast.  That's just fine with me.  My laundry is already a few minutes in, and the next load of dishes will not have to wait much longer.  Hopefully a clean house can be on the agenda for everyone in this house today.

Sunday has always been a day of cleaning and organizing and renewal.  I grew up having the responsibility of cleaning each Sunday as part of my contribution to the overall household.  Things like laundry, dishes, floors, windows, mirrors, and surfaces were cleaned on Sunday morning...usually with some kind of music to motivate and inspire along the way.  While it wasn't my favorite, I (obviously) grew to appreciate having a fresh set of sheets and clean clothes ready for the week!  

While my expectations remain...not quiet that high....I am also looking forward to a quiet day with my family, just taking some time to rest and take a day.  With so many things happening, and so many new activities and ever-expanding roles, we are all exhausted and some time exercising, cleaning...and maybe a little Bears football...will do us all good.  

Speaking of exercise, the Richmond 1/2 Marathon is in a couple weeks and I cannot wait to run it!  I have a long run today at some point...hopefully about 10 miles...and then it's get ready to fly to Richmond for a quick run with my sister and her fiance!  We will get to see Uncle Fred and Aunt Irene and that is always a fantastic thing...I think even more than the run!  This has been a run on my list for a long time...but it was never convenient timing...as Thanksgiving is a week or two after and I am already traveling then!  A double-dip to Richmond is almost too much to consider...until this year.  The airfare was civil and the idea of running a bucket race after COVID is too much to pass-up!  So it will be a fast, coffee-fueled weekend with lots of laughs and hugs then a run and right back home Sunday morning!  Ha!  

For now, though, it is time to bump the laundry and get serious about dishes.  

Happy Sunday.

-a 

No comments: