Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 13, 2024

A New Year

 It is a new year.

This blog has been slowly decaying and falling further into the recesses of my mind, but I need to try and bring it back to the forefront.  

The original purpose of this blog was to communicate about our lives to the rest of my family around the country, especially those living in Alaska...but over the last three years so many people so close to us have left this life.  The people who I have been writing for are gone, and it has drained so much of the passion and motivation to continue. 

But there is a saying that it is never too late to start over, and, while this is not technically "starting over", I am hopeful that this next year will bring about a sort of personal renaissance or rebirth of desire to put thoughts to screen and publish.  If not for them, then for my own children who are now starting to find this blog and read about their own history through my eyes.

And so we begin 2024 with a sense of calm and peace, along with shadows and memories of those that are no longer here...but I cast my eyes on the horizon while remaining aware of each single step that is in front of me that I must take.  Where this journey leads, I cannot say for sure...but I remain hopeful and grateful to have this day and any others ahead.

-a

No comments: