Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Quiet Beginnings

Violet in the snow!

 

Often my favorite moments of a day are the quiet ones before everyone else is awake.  Whether it is on a normal work day, while in the pitch black...just siting awake waiting for the sun to rise...or whether it is like today:  a grey, dreary Sunday morning where the snow is melting and the world is still really asleep for just a little while longer.  I savor the short time I have to just sit with my thoughts and the possibilities of the day.

It got pretty chilly for a little while around here!

This January has been a good start to the year, with time for our family to transition back from Winter Break, and get our house in fairly good working condition.  There are always plans and such with a house....always something that needs cleaning or fixing...and it is this part of the "house zen" that I am trying daily to accept with more and more patience:  it will never be done!  Homeowners often say this with a grin...but it really is true.  There is always something that needs attention or that is next-up on the list of things to do.  There is something about accepting this that brings a sense of peace...giving up the pursuit of perfection can sometimes be uplifting.

Audrey during her first drive through experience as a driver!

So as the days pass and February lurks around the corner next week, it is fun to begin glancing to the horizon of spring and then summer.  Adventures await beyond our daily routines of school and work and responsibility!  Trips and drives and exploration are our there for us when we have taken care of the things we say we will do!  This past trip to Disney helped me even more to appreciate how smart and independent my children have become.  They no longer need me for nearly as many things...which I guess is the goal.  It is truly a wonder to see them think and operate and learn independently. 

From our travels to Disney!

  

So while I sit here quietly enjoying the still and quiet, I also keep one eye on the future where we are always moving.  How lucky I am to be here now....and also to be able to see our path forward.  


-a




The dogs never leave me alone!

Violet and Sam in the front yard!  Remember these moments!




No comments: