Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

What exactly is the importance of a new year? We celebrate the previous year by examining our personal mistakes and successes and attempt to adjust ourselves for the next 365 days. I have had an amazing past year, with a successful job, a healthy family, our new daughter, Violet. I completed my masters degree in school leadership and successfully trained and ran the Chicago Marathon while losing over 55lbs in the process!

I look forward to 2012, but not without recognizing the success of 2011. It is important for all of us to focus on the positive in our past rather than our perceived flaws and ineptitudes. It is fine to have goals for yourself and to want to attain specific levels of success, but not if that means continual reminders of previous incidents of failure.

I look towards 2012 with the hope of continued improvement in my profession, helping my family grow and learn, supporting my wife in here life, and finding more opportunities to reconnect with friends and family!

Whenever you are in life, I wish you peace and inner calm that will allow you to reflect and appreciate all of the good that you do in life.

Happy New Year.

--the Orelove Family

No comments: