Total Pageviews

Friday, February 7, 2014

February Freezing


Audrey reading.  Violet calling Granny on her phone.
We are in February.  The snow is high, plowed into mountains around our block.  This is a time of year that I find myself and my family sort of..."stuck".  Not in a bad way, mind you.  We are just in this wintry time of year where outside is not an option and the great indoors fees somewhat limited at times.  I do love a good movie, and baking is always its own sweet reward.

Violet rocking the Portillo's Hat during the Super Bowl!  Thank you Grandpa Ted and Lisa for the great food!

The girls have been enjoying playing with legos, dolls, and magnets.  Countless art projects cover the walls and refrigerator.  We roll on tricycles and toy cars as we push foam blocks and pillows out of the way.  Soft caves created with blankets and couch cushions are a place of solitude or a hideaway from Daddy Troll.

Audrey thought the Portillo's hat was military issue.

The sun is shining now, but the cold remains.  Sometimes I need to be thankful for the light, even though it does not always equate with warmth.  At times of such bitter cold, it is easy to complain and think of warmer climates.  Jimmy Buffet makes the occasional rounds on the CD player and we all take a trip to Margaritaville and dance as if on a beach somewhere next to a blue ocean.

The girls playing with snow, at 0 degree weather outside, while listening to the Frozen movie soundtrack.  Brrrrrrr.

I know that the days of sun and sweat will come eventually, and then I may wish for cooler temperatures.  So while the chill bites at my face, I smile despite it all, happy to still feel the cold sun on my skin and know that I get to come home every day to my own little slice of paradise amidst this expansive land of ice and snow. 

No comments: