Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Shared Moments

Sunday morning, sitting on the couch with my daughters, watching Ghostbusters.  Not the cartoon, but the actual, original movie Ghostbusters.  There are moments like these that are extra special to me, because we are sharing in an experience that is dear to me.  This is one of my top five movies of all-time, and being able to share it with them is a treat.  While Violet does not really watch for too long, Audrey is fascinated by the 1984 special effects and the variety of ghosts.  Most of the dialogue is over her head, which is good because some of it is not completely child-appropriate, but it is all silly enough for her to find enjoyment in.

Finding these moments and things from my own life to share with my children is a thing I look forward to continue doing for the rest of my life.  I know that there are movies and music that my own parents have shared with me that must have been the same way when I was a child.  Elvis, The Blues Brothers, The Big Chill, James Bond, sports in general....a lot of different things transcend the generations and appeal to people no matter their age or generation.

The rest of the day will consist of a trip to CostCo, laundry, and naps.  The sun is shining and spring seems to be knocking on the proverbial door.  Thoughts of playing outside and taking the dog on walks that last more than 10 minutes seem almost too good to be true.  I know tomorrow we will all feel the effects of daylight savings when we must wake-up an hour earlier...but I know the lighter evenings will make it all worthwhile.  Today truly feels like a transition into a new phase of the year, where warmer weather and a change in schedule will bring us closer together and open-up more opportunities to be active and find new things to enjoy together.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Abel,
I can't believe I stumbled across this blog! Seriously, it is so random that I had to post a comment. This is Anna Reed (maiden name Cross!) - we were friends in high school and I adored you. Your girls are beautiful - I also have two daughters and my littlest one is named VIOLET!!!! So happy to "see" your happiness and success.
Take good care.
Love, Anna (mrsannareed@gmail.com)