Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sun Rising on Sunday

The mornig has started with a quiet sunrise and I have the house and a hot cup of coffee to myself for a few minutes before the family begins to stir.  My dad has been here for the last two weeks and today is his last day here before he heads back to Alaska via Portland.  It has been good to have him here under our roof, although I think abbot of a challenge in terms of adjusting to a house full of children and working parents vs empty Alaskan house in Juneau.  

Today we head up to the North Side of Chicago to meet up with family and celebrate my dads visit.  It will be nice to see Uncle Stuart and Aunt Bobbie again for the second time in about two months.  

School continues to be wonderful.   I am loving being back in the classroom and my challenges of molding my classroom are present but I look forward to working through them.  It feels good working with a great team and saying hi to people throughout the day and having friendships within the building.  

Outside of the classroom, I continue to run and prepare for my half marathons.  I am sad that I could not meet the demands of marathon training this year.  I look forward to runs in Iowa and possibly another half or two before winter. I need to continue running through the winter to lose more weight and attempt to gain back some of my old speed and get my mile times down.   Next year, I would like to attempt a triathlon of some kind along with continuing to seek out more half marathons that offer a unique experience.  

For now, I will sip my coffee and cherish these last few minutes of quiet.  Perhaps a donught run is in my immediate future?  It is Sunday and the sun is rising.  What more could one want?

-a

The girls climbing around the children's garden at the Morton Arboretum 

Playing with the water sphere at Morton Arboretum 

Sam and Dad enjoy a bottle while watching NFL opening day game before going to bed.  

Watching a soccer game near our house with Zayde.

Audrey and Dad just hanging out.

Zayde attempting to feed Sam.  Sam having a conversation between bites. 

Audrey devouring another book.  So proud of my little reader.  

No comments: