Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

January Update


New Year, same smile!


The new year has been a sleepy, cold one thus far. We keep warm inside with an abundance of puzzles, games, painting, books, and the occasional PBS Kids show. I am back to teaching and my grad classes start this week, so things will be back to a normal routine. It is exciting to realize that this is my final semester and graduation is just around the corner in a couple months. From there, I will begin to view my options in terms of administrative positions and opportunities.


Hmmm, I wonder what list she is on???


Lounging with a cookie before gift opening.

We had a very enjoyable winter holiday season, including a visit from my mother and sister. It is always a special time when family visits and has a chance to see Audrey and see the life we've created for ourselves out here in the Midwest.


The annual reading of The Grinch!

The winter break was good, although I felt as if we never stopped moving. Whether it was family, shopping, preparing, driving, or playing...we were always on the go. So it is somewhat refreshing to get back to work and have a chance to get a little rest after a hectic, but wonderful, holidays. Also, I get to start looking forward to the spring and (ghasp) summer period of the year!


Audrey and her new Tricycle!


This weekend we traveled part way to South Bend, but turned around when the snow became to hazardous. Apparently, about 36 inches has fallen in the last two days. So, we are having to spend a quiet weekend at home watching football, playing with many wonderful gifts, napping, and reading books. It is a tough life....but a wonderful one!


She still has a halo, even though she ate Santa's cookies!

-a

No comments: