Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon

I ran the 2016 Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon this morning in Springfield, IL.  It was going to be a family trip, but both my mom and Audrey have colds, so I decided to drive solo and just return right after the race.  I had a lot of fun, and would consider doing this run again.  Here is the website:  http://runabe.srrc.net/
The running over the winter and workouts every week day definitely helped get me ready for this first half of the season.  I felt good and stopped only to snap a couple pictures.  Final official time:  2:09:23.  It was a beautiful and chilly morning at the start, then the sun came out and the rest of the run was a pleasure.  Thank you Springfield.  


Friday evening drive to Springfield.

Laying-out my gear the night before.

Redbull and breakfast bar after picking up my bib at 6:30am day of race.  Breakfast of Champions.  

The shirt this year.  "Go the Distance"

Saw this couple before the race.  

This fire fighter was running in full gear plus tank on his back.  Just cool.

The President gives an inspirational speech before the start in front of the Capital.

The Capital Building on the run!

Lincoln's Tomb on the run.

Finished and got my penny medal!

Another picture with the President and his lovely wife.  She was really funny.

This guy ran as a giant penny!  

No comments: