Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday

It is grey and cold outside.  Both girls are still asleep and my coffee next to me keeps me company as the rain hits the window, reminding everyone that it is spring.  The dishwasher hums quietly in the kitchen.  Other than the rain and the washer, my keystrokes are the only other sound right now.  It is quiet, and that is a blessing at times.

There is not a lot to do today in terms of plans and activities.  The usual lineup of laundry and room cleaning is on the agenda, and a trip to the YMCA later to swim is much-needed for these kids.  There is always work to do for me, so I am sure that a couple hours might be applied to my day, as well.

Today will be a day to do the things we do, and not too much else.  Simple.  That is just fine with me.  We are always doing so much, always striving to add new experiences.  Sometimes we just need a down day and one that we can be in our routine and simply enjoy the things we have and the things we know best.  Today should be that kind of day.

And now for another cup of coffee.

-a

No comments: