Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 20, 2022

A Day Yet Unwritten

 Another quiet, sunny Sunday morning.  The rest of the family is still asleep...save for these two fur brains that consider themselves dogs at the best of times.  Our dogs have really been a blessing in life.  Ever since I was a child, dogs have been in my life.  They have helped through tough times, and are there throughout it all!  I have explored all of the trails and mountains in Juneau with a dog by my side, including on my daily paper routes!  So it is comforting to see Oskar and Luna, today, playing with my own children and acting as part of the family fabric.  My children have deemed them "The Fun Police" because they bark at me whenever they think I am playing too rough or acting in any way unusual.  Needless to say, I get barked at a lot in my own house.


Our day today has yet to take shape.  The sun and blue skies are whispering promises or a warmer-than-usual day...with spring just on the horizon, it is tempting to consider some time at the zoo!  The usual laundry, cleaning, and shopping are probably on the agenda..but what other adventures could we find today?  Tomorrow is another holiday, and another day at home.  I am reserving this for grading papers and planning for school....so today is really our "fun day".  Taekwando was yesterday for me, which is becoming quire enjoyable.  I love attending with Violet...but have begun to appreciate moving my own body and working on the forms.  It is satisfying to get some push-ups in on a regular basis and also learn some basic kicks and punches!  I had my first belt testing on Friday, and was allowed to double test!  I am confident it all went well, and it was fun to break some boards at the end of the session!  


I have just placed the grocery order for this afternoon...technology is amazing to me.  The laundry is going, the coffee is flowing...maybe an audiobook for a little while?  I love the quiet, but find it difficult to remain in it for long.  Off to find the next morning adventure, while enjoying being part of the Early Bird Club today!  

-a  


No comments: